Sunday 21 April 2013

Birthday haul

It's that time of year when I get a little bit older but to make it a bit easier to handle I get a fancy dinner and some wine!

This year I also got a boat load of sewing goodies!

Mmmmm, birthday goodies all for me!
Check all that out! A colleague at work got me the Great British Sewing Bee Book and it looks really good. I've read all the blog reviews over the last week but I still probably never would have bought it myself so it's a nice treat.

I am soooo excited about Fit for Real People! I have not even come close to sorting my fit out yet so I'm looking forward to getting to grips with this book and hopefully working out what my issues are and of course how to fix them. I'm desperate to do the body graph thing but not sure who I can get to spend hours drawing round me accurately, has anyone ever done this? It looks like a bit of a faff but I bet you'd spot loads of little things that you don't see when you look in the mirror.

The three patterns were from my boyfriend. I'm looking forward to making up the Kelly skirt and having a go at a Renfrew ready for Me Made May. I went out today to add to my birthday haul and picked up some red linen/cotton mix for the skirt and some plain jersey for the Renfrew. Wish me luck with my first attempt at a knit.

I had a lovely chilled out day and even managed to finish my Sorbetto top.  Apologies for the blurry picture, photies with it actually on to follow soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment