Saturday 12 May 2012

I'm here!


Here goes it, my first blog post. I’ve recently stumbled across the sewing blogosphere and I can’t believe what I’ve been missing out on so I thought I should join in!

I can’t confess to be a newbie to the sewing world, I’ve been sewing in some form on and off for as long as I can remember. I think my mum must have taught me how to use patterns when I was a teenager and one of the first things I made were four red skirts we danced in at a school variety show (we danced to Fame!). I know I still have the skirt I wore so I might even post a photo soon.

So I’ve been sewing for a while but I’ve come to realise that I’ve never really refined my skills and I tend to rush things and bodge it a bit rather than taking my time and getting it right. I’m hoping that this blog will force me to sew more, challenge myself and improve my sewing technique. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment